Plainfield Emergency Management Agency members must be willing to devote a minimum of 8 hours per month to various activities including training, callouts, meetings and station work.
In order to apply for membership with PEMA, a candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must complete an application.
- Must be a person of good moral character.
- Must pass a background check.
- Must live within the Plainfield Township Boundaries (May live reasonably outside boundaries with permission of Assistant Coordinator or above).
- Must have a good driving record and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must complete an oral interview with Coordinator, Assistant Coordinator, or other approved member, and receive a favorable recommendation.
- A membership may be denied at any time during the process for just cause.
- Once an individual has passed all requirements for placement on PEMA, they will be placed on a six month probationary period.
- If you are interested in joining please pick up an application at the Plainfield Police
Department or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
stating your name, daytime phone number, and why you would like to join the agency.